Francis Bacon was quoted as saying “Knowledge is power.” Which leads to the question, how much knowledge can your IT systems provide about your Pharmacy operations? There are key metrics that you may be capturing, but there is a large amount of information that can be useful for further understanding your operations.
The PharmTrac.PD system provides a user friendly, mobile, tracking system that will provide you with additional information about your Pharmacy. Some great examples of ways the data can be used to transform your hospital operations includes:
- Tracking medications –Where the medication is in the process at any given point?
- Turn around time – How long is the medication in the process from the time the order starts to process to the delivery point?
- On Time Delivery – How often do medications arrive on the floor prior to the due time?
- Dispensing statistics – How many doses are being processed? Where are they being delivered? How often do you utilize the tube system? How often are pickups occurring at the window?
- Stock Management – What are the doses being managed outside of ADC’s and should those items should be floor stock?
- Technician performance – Are there trends or bottlenecks in the technician delivery times by user or unit?
- Identify bottlenecks – Is there a point in processing where medications are delayed or wait for long periods of time?
The implementation of PharmTrac.PD at customer sites, has allowed for the measure and improvement of processes including:
- A more than 50% improvement in turn around time within 6 months.
- $60,000 reduction in cost, related to wasted/missing doses for one medication in the first year.
- Changes in process or delivery schedule to better maximize technician time and labor.
Contact us today @ PlusDelta Technologies to schedule a demo and talk in more detail about how to harness medication-tracking data to improve operations and efficiency in your pharmacy.
Share this article
Follow PlusDelta Technologies